ICT HOUSEHOLD SURVEY 2020
ZIMSTAT AND POTRAZ CONDUCT 2020 INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) ACCESS BY HOUSEHOLDS AND USE BY INDIVIDUALS SURVEY
Harare, 20 November 2020 – The Zimbabwe National Statistical Agency (ZIMSTAT) in conjunction with the Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (POTRAZ) will be conducting a survey on ICT access by households and use by individuals in all the provinces of the country during the period 23 November to 11 December 2020. The survey findings will be used by policy makers for policy formulation and decision-making and crafting of ICT related development strategies.
The survey seeks to measure the digital divide across the different land use sector in Zimbabwe. The objectives of the survey include:
- To establish the levels of access of ICTs by households in Zimbabwe
- To establish levels of usage of ICTs by individuals in Zimbabwe
- Identify impediments to penetration of ICTs in households and usage by individuals.
- Compare the current levels of access and usage with those of 2014.
- To establish and assess the extent of the digital divide within and across all the geographical regions of the country
ZIMSTAT staff with identification letters will be visiting households in selected Enumeration Areas during the period 18 November to 5 December 2020 to collect data pertaining to ICT access by households and use by individuals. It is a requirement under the Act that all usual members of selected households supply accurate information with regards to the survey. It is emphasized that all the information supplied will be treated with the strictest of confidence as provided for under the Census and Statistics Act.
ZIMSTAT is a corporate body that was established through the Census and Statistics Act [Chapter 10:29] of 2007. The operations of the Agency are controlled and managed by the Board. The agency is the main source of statistics in Zimbabwe.